I created this brand specifically for those with sensitive skin or skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, extremely dry skin and more, who want to use products free of irritants and potentially harmful chemicals. These products work together to form your family’s new SOS kit-the perfect in-home solution for skin issues that need some rescue, relief and TLC. You may be wondering, though, exactly how to use these products for certain issues. If so, I have answers for you below.
Following are eight questions and answers to help you find solutions to your most common skin issues. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, don’t worry-I’ll post on this topic again in the next couple weeks! Or you can always contact us with any questions you may have here.
1. I went skiing over the weekend and now my cheeks are all sunburned. What’s the best way to avoid peeling and scarring?
- First, spritz CV Skinlabs Rescue + Relief Spray directly on the burned area. The chamomile and cucumber in this product helps to speed calming relief to your inflamed skin. Tip: Keep it in the refrigerator for extra cooling.
- Follow with CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture for Face, Neck & Scalp. The Tri-Rescue Complex provides anti-inflammatory properties to help calm the burn and encourage faster healing, without potentially harmful chemicals. Apply frequently throughout the day to avoid peeling.
- For sunburns on the body, try nourishing CV Skinlabs Body Repair Lotion.
2. My friend and I took a hike in the woods and I accidently stepped into poison ivy. Help!
- First, wash the affected skin as soon as you can. Use a gentle cleanser and cool water.
- If your skin is itching, take an over-the-counter antihistamine, and wash all the clothes you were wearing on the outing in hot water.
- If you’re experiencing a rash, spray on CV Skinlabs Rescue + Relief Spray, which has a unique Tri-Rescue Complex for anti-inflammatory and antihistamine benefits.
- If your skin is still uncomfortable, try a paste of 3 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon water.
- Once your skin calms down, apply CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm, which uses calendula and arnica to help heal and regenerate wounded skin, and has no potentially harmful chemicals or preservatives.
3. I’m going through radiation treatments and my skin is starting to burn. What do I do?
- Check with your oncologist, as he or she may have restrictions what you can apply to your skin before treatment.
- Use cooling compresses, and try CV Skinlabs Rescue + Relief Spray directly on the burned area. Key ingredients like water lily and comfrey provide instant cooling and calming relief while helping to support skin healing. Plus this product contains no potentially harmful chemicals or preservatives.
- As long as you don’t have weeping sores, follow with CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm, which provides advanced therapy for burned, wounded, and irritated skin.
4. I’m going through chemotherapy and my skin is dull, fragile, and paper-thin. Is there anything that will help?
- Chemotherapy kills fast-growing cells, which means your skin can’t regenerate itself as quickly as it normally does. The key is gentle, tender care.
- Moisturize often with a safe, non-toxic product like CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture for Face, Neck, & Scalp, and CV Skinlabs Body Repair Lotion. Both are made for compromised skin, contain no potentially harmful chemicals, and deliver the unique Tri-Rescue Complex, which provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Use CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm for those areas where your skin is super dry and needing extra care. The Carnauba and bee’s wax safeguard the moisture barrier so your skin can recover.
5. I’ve got eczema on my hands, so they’re always red, dry and itchy. I’m embarrassed by how they look. Any tips?
- Eczemic skin is crying out for nourishing moisture. Try CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture for Face, Neck & Scalp, along with the Body Repair Lotion. Both contain the unique Tri-Rescue Complex, which provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to skin, helping to soothe and soften without harmful chemicals.
- Follow with CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm on places like your knuckles, cuticles, elbows, heels, and other areas that are super dry and rough. A trio of fat-soluble vitamins and plant ingredients provide healing and skin-regeneration properties.
6. My skin is always dry. I moisturize and moisturize, but nothing works. Help!
- Dry skin sometimes needs more than hydration. Often the outer layer has been damaged, which makes it much more difficult for skin to hold onto any moisture it may have.
- Avoid potentially harmful chemicals, sulfates, and parabens. Try safe CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm-a nourishing salve that helps protect and instantly soften severely dry, rough, and chapped skin. It’s got carnauba and bee’s wax to help safeguard that moisture barrier, along with vitamin E, which aids in wound healing. Yet it’s free of any potential harmful chemicals, so your skin will be able to recover without having to defend itself from irritants.
7. I’m going through cancer treatments and I lost my hair, so I’m wearing a wig, but it makes my scalp itch. Can you help?
- CV Skinlabs has a new Rescue + Relief Spray made specifically to soothe itching, burning skin such as that caused by wearing a wig. Formulated with a unique Tri-Rescue Complex, it provides anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties to calm itching and irritation. Plus it’s free of potentially harmful ingredients like fragrances, parabens, and mineral oil, so you can feel safe putting it on your tender scalp.
- Tip: Carry a bottle with you for a quick mid-day refresher. Just take off the wig, spritz your scalp, let it dry for a few minutes, then put the wig back on.
- If your skin is dry, follow with nourishing CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture for Face, Neck & Scalp.
8. I have rosacea, so I’m always battling with redness. I use makeup to cover it up, but are there any other solutions?
- Rosacea can flare up at the most inconvenient times. Try carrying CV Skinlabs Rescue + Relief Spray with you. This cooling product is made with chamomile and cucumber to soothe and cool hot, flushed skin.
- Next, moisturize regularly with CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture for Face, Neck & Scalp. It’s got aloe vera and oat extract-two of the most effective cooling and redness-reducing ingredients available. Plus it has no potentially harmful chemicals, so you can use it as often as you want.
- Try an oatmeal mask at night. Just mix up some fine-grade oatmeal with water or yogurt and leave on your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Don’t forget to use a safe sunscreen every day!
Have you tried these SOS skin solutions? Let us know what you think! And let us know if you have other questions about how to use CV Skinlabs.