At CV Skinlabs, our priorities are safety, high performance, and quality. First and foremost, we ensure that our products are safe to use, even by those with compromised and sensitive skin. Second, we put the products through multiple testing models to ensure that they perform at the high levels expected. Finally, we use only the most nourishing, healing, and repairing ingredients with no known links to health hazards or irritations.
CV Skinlabs works to provide safe but effective products by coupling scientific knowledge and expertise with good old-fashioned practical sense. By filtering out data that may be heavily weighted with unsubstantiated opinions and agendas, formulators create results that can be trusted to not only perform at high levels, but to safeguard optimal health.
CV Skinlabs products:
• Work with the skin, using bio-compatible, natural and/or organic ingredients scientifically and medically accepted to help the skin recover its natural balance, comfort level, and radiance.
• Are made up of 99.4—100% natural content.
• Contain anywhere from 15–84% organic ingredients.
• Use fair trade, certified organic shea butter from the Léo region in Burkina Faso.
• Do NOT contain any ingredients linked to cancer, hormone disruption, reproduction abnormalities or other health issues.
• Do NOT have synthetic fragrances—only non-hormone altering plant extracts provide a light scent to each product. Even organic essential oils can irritate skin, while some may have a slight potential to mimic the action of estrogen, so they are excluded.
• Have a stable preservative system approved by major worldwide natural/organic standards bodies to guarantee appropriate shelf-life without contributing to environmental harm.
• Include hypoallergenic ingredients not known to cause skin irritation, burning, itching, or allergic reactions.
• Contain anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and skin-soothing ingredients that encourage repair and healing of compromised skin.
• Are NOT tested on animals.
The CV Skinlabs Avoidance (CVA) List
The following ingredients are highly suspect when it comes to safeguarding optimal health. These ingredients will never be found in any CV Skinlabs product unless new research provides irrefutable evidence of their inability to damage skin and body health.
Always 100% free of synthetic dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, 1,4-dioxane, phthalates, mineral oil/petrolatum, silicones, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES, PEG/PPG, triclosan, MEA-DEA-TEA, aluminum, disodium EDTA, hydroquinone, talc, ureas and chemical sunscreens. To read more on each of these ingredients go to our Ingredients to Avoid List.